• High blood cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke.
By lowering your cholesterol, you can dramatically reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. High cholesterol can lead to a buildup of plaque in the artery walls, narrowing your arteries, a condition called atherosclerosis. It can make it more difficult for blood to flow through your heart and body, putting you at increased risk of circulatory problems, heart disease and stroke.
Cholesterol seems to become problematic after it becomes oxidized. Once it becomes oxidized, it becomes sticky and forms a plaque that sticks to your artery lining, which sets off a chain reaction.
With adding heart benefits derived from plant sterols (which studies suggest play a key factor in lowering cholesterol) and resveratrol, maintaining healthy cholesterol levels has never been easier.
Where to get these plant sterols and resveratrol? MonaVie Pulse
Dr. Shawn Talbott speaks on Cardiovascular Health, Hearth Health and Cholesterol Health
Dr. Shawn Talbott is one of America’s leading lifestyle experts, helping people to Feel, Look, and Perform at their peak potential. His background includes:
• Sports Medicine (B.S. – Marietta College)
• Fitness Management (B.A. – Marietta College)
• Exercise Science (M.S. – University of Massachusetts, Amherst)
• Nutritional Biochemistry (Ph.D. – Rutgers University)
• Entrepreneurship (E.M.P. – Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
• Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist (C.N.S.)
• Licensed Nutritionist (Commonwealth of Massachusetts)
• Fellow – American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
• Fellow – American Institute for Stress (AIS)
• Fellow – American College of Nutrition (ACN)
Dr. Talbott is the author of over 200 articles and 10 books on nutrition, fitness, and wellness. He has served as a nutrition educator for a variety of elite-level athletes including professional triathletes, NBA basketball players, and members of the US Ski team, the US Track & Field team, and the US Olympic Training Center. As an athlete himself, Shawn has competed at the elite level in rowing, cycling, and triathlon.
Article compliments of Brian Morgenweg, Certified Venice Nutrition Coach, Health Pro at MonaVie